Are you hearing a lot about “making a voting plan?”
We’re in the middle of a pandemic.
We’re facing a big election.
It would be smart to make a plan!
Let’s lay out some critical steps and resources that will help you do that:
--First Step: Register to Vote
--Voting in person on Election Day
- Know your polling place. Check your registration.
- Visit MyInfo.AlabamaVotes.Gov
- Bring valid photo ID, wear your mask, bring your own black pen.
Note: even if someone is coughing, running a fever, and not wearing a mask – they will still be allowed inside to vote. Please be considerate of your neighbors and your poll workers. Follow the recommending masking and social distancing guidance.
Any registered AL voter can vote absentee. If you’re voting absentee due to COVID-19, select option #2.
-Voting in person absentee:
-Voting absentee by mail/dropoff:
- Apply for an absentee ballot. Instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mn1Y88_wIA
- The absentee election manager will mail your ballot to your mailing address.
- Complete the ballot, have it witnessed by a notary OR by 2 people over 18.
- Instructions for completing/returning an absentee ballot: https://youtu.be/8cDiRlrHM0w
- If you are returning your ballot by mail, we recommend mailing it NO LATER than October 22. Ballots require $1.20 in postage.
- You can return your ballot in person at the absentee election manager’s office until close-of-business November 2.